The Valley Elders are working toward relocation. This will involve the selling of our current building and property and the purchase of the building and property currently belonging to Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lakeville.
Bethlehem Lutheran Church
20270 Iberia Avenue
Lakeville, MN 55044
CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO TOUR OF BETHLEHEM LUTHERAN
PEOPLE & PLACE - RELOCATION PROPOSAL
FROM VALLEY ELDERS
RELOCATION UPDATE - Thursday, July 20
Purchase agreements have been reviewed by our attorney and should be signed by early next week.
Closing dates for the sale of our property to Southland City Church and the purchase of the property of Bethlehem Lutheran Church (Lakeville) will be scheduled for September 25, 2017.
Southland City Church will be setting up temporary offices in our lower level starting the week of July 23.
ARCHITECTURAL & CONSTRUCTION FIRMS
Valley Christian Church elders will soon be choosing one of three options for architectural design and construction of the new addition we will be building at the new location. Three different firms have been interviewed and the elders will choose the candidate they believe is best suited for the job.
VALLEY'S TRANSITION SCHEDULE
INFORMATION & PIE NIGHT - WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2, 6:30pm
Everyone is asked to attend this information meeting about our plans for moving, our Fall Ministry Programs, and volunteer opportunities we need to fill. There will lots of good information and delicious pie.
LABOR DAY WEEKEND SUNDAY
One Sunday worship service at 10:30, no Sunday School classes.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT PACKING - SEPTEMBER
We will be packing and getting ready for the big move every Wednesday night in September.
TRANSITION SUNDAYS - SEPTEMBER 10, 17, and 24
We will begin having two worship services and two Sunday Schools - 9:00am and 10:30am.
MOVING NIGHTS - SEPTEMBER 28 & 29, 5:00 to 8:00pm
We will have crews working at both our current and new locations. Help us move out of our current location and get things moved to our new location.
RELOCATION UPDATE - Thursday, June 29
We are pleased to announce that the Bethlehem Lutheran Church congregation voted earlier this week and overwhelmingly approved the sale of their property and buildings to Valley Christian Church. This means that the process moves forward.
Here are next steps in the process...
1. Our church leaders are working with legal counsel on purchase agreements
- Southland City Church to purchase our building and approximately
10 acres of our property
- Valley Christian Church to purchase Bethlehem Lutheran Church's
property and buildings
- Brandt Development to purchase land parcel south of our drive and
upper parking (approx. 6 acres)
2. We will have signed purchase agreements and closing dates as soon as possible.
3. In July, some staff from Southland City Church will set up temporary offices in our lower level. A couple CHA staffers will continue to office in our lower level through August.
If all goes well with the purchase agreements and closing dates...
4. Valley leaders will soon select architectural and construction firms to begin plans for new building expansion at the current Bethlehem Lutheran Church property.
5. In September 2017, starting the Sunday after Labor Day, Valley will begin to practice the new Sunday morning programming strategy and schedule we will be using after our move. All of our Sunday morning programs will move to the upper level of our current building. We will also be setting up our worship space to be comparable to what it will be after our move. There will be two Worship Service times: 9:00am & 10:30am.
6. Our Fall Wednesday night programs will not begin until October.
7. Wednesday nights in September will be packing and preparation nights.
8. We will be moving church supplies and furnishings to the new property
on the evenings of September 27-28.
9. The first Sunday morning in our new facility is scheduled for October 1, 2017.
RELOCATION UPDATE - Saturday, May 27, 2017
Here is where we are currently at in the process...
1. Securing Bethlehem Lutheran Church congregational approval for the sale
of their property.
2. Waiting for loan approval and purchase offer from Southland City Church.
Covenant Member Ballot Results -
Sunday, May 21, 2017
Thank you to all of Valley Christian Church's Covenant Members who voted. 87% of our voting Covenant Members affirmed their support for the relocation proposal. Your prayerful support and thoughtful balloting is humbling and not taken lightly by our church's Elders and ministry staff. Please continue to pray for God to guide and make His will known. Pray for our Elders to be wise, diligent, and Christ-like as they continue to work on the proposed relocation process, as they continue to communicate with the church, and as they discern the next steps for our church body.
Chairman of the Elders