BUILDING & GROUNDS SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
SNOW TEAM HELP IS NEEDED!
Valley hires a professional snow removal service to clear most sidewalks and the parking areas. However, there are still times when snow still needs to be removed so that our guests can enter and leave Valley safely. I'm looking for volunteers to help with light snow removal on Sunday mornings and Wednesday Evenings. Valley has plenty of shovels, a walk behind snowblower & a John Deere tractor with a blower. The duties, for Sunday morning and Wednesday Evenings, are as follows:
Every time it snows, the snow team must clear:
1. the sidewalk between the church parking lot and the house,
2. the drainage from the parking lot to Iberia at the front of the church, and
3. lay down sand on any slippery areas of the sidewalks at the church & house.
In addition, whenever it snows after the snow removal service
has cleared everything:
1. All sidewalks and entrances to the church & house, and
2. Anything that needs cleared in order to help our guests safely enter and leave the church & house.
3. Lay down sand on any slippery areas of the sidewalks at the church & house.
When we have a good number of volunteers, the work can be spread out and not overburden anyone. Please contact me using the form in the right column if you are willing and able to help. I can setup a time to teach you how to use the snowblowers.