SPECIAL UPDATE - JULY 29
REGARDING COVID DEVELOPMENTS
Dear Valley Family,
1. COVID is an ever-changing situation. The Delta variant has been spreading aggressively, which helps to explain the change in guidance from the CDC and our policy.
2. "Love your neighbor" continues to be our guiding principle in all of this.
3. We are NOT asking people to disclose their vaccination status and will continue to use an honor system. We will, however, be clearly communicating our expectations.
Pastor Brad Dewing
NEW GUIDANCE FROM THE ELDERS
JULY 29, 2021
Ongoing COVID-19 Safety
It truly has been a blessing to be meeting together in person for the past several months! We are so thankful that an effective vaccine is enabling many to resume important activities, including worship and fellowship as a church family.
We also recognize that, though great progress has been made, the continued spread of SARS-CoV-2, and breakthrough infections of the “Delta” variant of the virus remains a concern. As responsible church leaders, we continue to monitor the spread of the virus locally and pay attention to the guidance of the CDC. We want to remain vigilant to provide a safe environment in which to gather.
Our primary concern at this time is for children under age 12, who cannot yet be vaccinated.
For their sake, we ask for your participation in observing these guidelines:
• We expect unvaccinated persons to wear a mask while in the building for church activities. This includes adults and children under the age of 12 who are unvaccinated. Persons with special needs who are unable to wear a face covering and persons under the age of 3 are exempt from this expectation.
• Unvaccinated persons are not permitted to volunteer in our Kid’s Ministries.
• Anyone who has been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person should not attend church activities.
• If you are a Children’s Ministry volunteer, and you become aware that you’ve been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, please let our staff know. We will maintain confidentiality of anyone who discloses this to staff.
We will follow CDC guidelines regarding masks and distancing as levels of transmission are subject to change.