VALLEY'S COVID-19 POLICY
UPDATE - NEW MASK POLICY
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 31
Dear Valley Family,
October 27, 2021
We will continue to require everyone to wear masks for any event in our building that includes programming for kids under age 12. Sunday morning and Wednesday evening services are for people of all ages—including kids—so we will all wear masks to protect kids under age 12 (who have not yet had the opportunity to be vaccinated).
We have updated our masking policy for events in our building at which kids under age 12 will not be present. For these events (including Aspire for women, staff meetings, MOTH brothers, etc.) face coverings will be optional for those who are fully vaccinated, encouraged for those who prefer to wear them, and recommended for those who are not fully vaccinated.
Events and programs that do not include children under age 12 may now also include food and beverages.
We encourage everyone to continue to love one-another according to the command of Jesus.
Pastor Brad and Valley Elders
ONGOING COVID-19 SAFETY
OCTOBER 31, 2021
1. COVID is an ever-changing situation. The Delta variant has been spreading aggressively, which helps to explain the change in guidance from the CDC and our policy.
2. "Love your neighbor" continues to be our guiding principle in all of this.
Our primary concern at this time is for children under age 12, who cannot yet be vaccinated.
For their sake, we ask for your participation in observing these guidelines:
• We expect all persons (regardless of vaccination status) to wear a mask while in the building for church activities where children are present. This includes adults and children under the age of 12. Persons with special needs who are unable to wear a face covering and persons under the age of 3 are exempt from this expectation.
• Unvaccinated persons are not permitted to volunteer in our Kid’s Ministries.
• Anyone who has been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person should not attend church activities.
• If you are a Children’s Ministry volunteer, and you become aware that you’ve been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, please let our staff know. We will maintain confidentiality of anyone who discloses this to staff.
We will follow CDC guidelines regarding masks and distancing as levels of transmission are subject to change.