THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!
Dear Praying Friends,
Today (Sunday), at about 2-4 PM your time, we begin our journey to Elina's home country! It's a day we've waited for a long time. We are traveling by land, because we have more stuff than we could bring by flying - school books, kitchen ware, mementos, etc. We sold and gave away most everything, but these are the things we want to keep.
Traveling overland will take at least 2 looooong days, and may take longer. Here are some prayer points and praises:
- We took our PCR tests, and we're all negative for Covid-19
- We have friends who will be helping us have a smooth border crossing.
Please pray for:
- Safe travel, above all else.
- That we may cross the border in Day 1. We would have to cross before 6 PM, when the border closes. If we don't make it across the first day, then our trip will probably take an extra day.
- That our hired van may be able to cross the border too, so that we can transfer our luggage quickly to the van in the next country. Otherwise, we'll have to have it carried over by a bunch of bicycle-carts! That would slow things down and we are concerned about some things going missing, but it should still be fine if we have to do it that way.
- That there would be no problems with our visas or our luggage as we cross the border!
Thank you for your prayers. We are excited, and a little nervous. We look forward to reporting our trip to you in a few days!
Scott, Elina, Linus, Jane and Livy